Thread: New guy here!
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Tim Carroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius31 View Post
Welcome Tim...great site and such unique pieces of art! Keep up the great work...I'm guessing you're going to be very busy now that you've found net54
YES! THIS! Lol, Keep me busy, please! The vintage stuff is just so pretty, and I want to recreate as many as I can in my lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geor952 View Post
Tim,
Great work! I love them all, but the Clemente is extra special to me. I love the cut card faces, really cool mosaics! Welcome to our community!
Thanks! I feel that, technically, I am getting better with each and every piece. I learn something new every time, and I feel it makes the next one even better. The Clemente is my latest, and I feel that it rivals the Aaron as my strongest work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
I always liked the 1984 Donruss Baseball set for their no black line transition into the white borders. I also liked the teal color backs. Maybe that teal color is close enough to the CCU team.
Interesting. I'm 35, and I started collecting in '87. For the next few years, '84 product was out of that 9-12 year old's budget (thank you, Don Mattingly). By the time the early 90's were rolling around I was into Frank Thomas, 1962 Topps, and 1955 Bowman. Any money I made at shows or mowing yards went to those cards, and I had no care for the mid-89's stuff anymore. I'm not sure I have ever owned a 1984 Donruss common in my life. I'll certainly check into that....thanks for the lead!

Tim

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart

Last edited by TimCarrollArt; 02-16-2014 at 06:29 PM.