Thread: Ruth vs Wagner
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Let me begin by saying that both ladies are beautiful, and I'd be proud to own either. That said, Ruth is the greatest player ever and it's his first appearance, a rarity, and I would choose the Ruth.

I very respectfully disagree with the notion of wanting a Wagner because books or movies have been made about it-- that is just a function of current knowledge and popularity. And that is all subject to change, over time. I mean, heck, remember the geocentric theory of the solar system? Or leeches in medicine? The list goes on.

Precedent and tradition are legitimate factors, to be sure, but who's to say that, in years from now, the Balt News Ruth won't be held in higher regard? By some it already is.

Heck, look at how the hobby finally embraced the Ruth RC, the undisputed MLB RC of the game's greatest player. Sometimes we humans just need a bit of time to acquire the proper knowledge, perspective, and get it right

And once again, this is not to knock the T206 Wagner. Amazing card. Would love to own one. Appreciate it on many levels. But this is baseball and all roads lead to Babe Ruth.
Couldn't of said it better, totally agree.

Quote:
Sometimes we humans just need a bit of time to acquire the proper knowledge, perspective, and get it right .
lmao - I was never a big fan of humans, lol I tell my wife that all the time
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 02-16-2014 at 08:37 AM.