View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 07:46 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejay4eva34 View Post
Hello,
My name is Ian Jefferson and I'm the son of former Major League pitched the late Mr. Jesse Jefferson....would there be any photos of my father in this book? I believe mr brace may have taken some photos of my father when he was with the White Sox from '75-'76..Thanks
I dont think there is any doubt Mr. Brace took photos of your father but not sure they would be in this book. I used to work at Wrigley Field and had a chance to not only talk to Mr. Brace a large number of times but also watched him work. Mr. Brace would arrive early and wait for the players to emerge from the clubhouse. He always seemed to know who was new to the team (usually a minor league call up) or who had changed uniforms with a new team and sought those players out for photos. I dont believe he ever missed a player when it came to getting autos. I asked him once why he felt the need to have a shot of each player in their new uniform and he said he would sell photos to the players and families and they always wanted current photos on their new uniforms. Mr. Brace said he made a decent living selling photos to players and their families alone.

I knew that Brace's daughter had continued selling photos from his photo collection but I am not sure if she is still doing that. There used to be a web site for his work but I see that it does not seem to be active any more. Maybe some of the photo experts here have an idea as to what happened with the Brace collection. I would also suggest contacting the Hall of Fame for photos of your father. They have a extensive collection.