View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:01 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Thanks Matt M & Kyle.

Kyle- I had also been watching the Musial for a while (since it listed) at what I felt was a pretty reasonable BIN. What finally pushed me over the top was a mysterious 10% off coupon that showed up as a small tab in "My eBay"?!? At first I had no idea what it was, thinking it was linked to some sort of credit card sign up or something.. only realizing it was legit the night it was to expire (valid 2 days). Definitely a great closing tool for eBay!

Re- your comment about the sig being late in his life, I'd posted this card for sig verification over on the autograph side because it was noticeably different than my other Musials (obtained in person).. and got immediate response saying the same. Regardless very happy to have it.. seems there are far few signed Leafs than BW Bowmans.

Separately, I also took in a lower cost '55 Dodger alternative from PWCC tonight. Probably didn't get a huge bargain, but less than it would be if it were in a 5.5 or 6 holder. Nice to get back to the roots with a raw card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1955 Topps Jackie Robinson.jpg (49.2 KB, 275 views)