View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 05:37 PM

Brad,

Definitely upsetting regarding those holders. But to me, there are a couple things going on here.

One is that people should be informed that the holders are not always great, and cards can be at risk inside these holders. Mission accomplished through your cautionary tale and the others shared in this thread. It is a fair criticism, I think, that these holders could stand some major improvement. And that includes the awful oversized SGC holders that all-too-often split apart at the seams. (FWIW, when PSA uses the terrible oversized "window" within the holder, cards can also move around and be damaged inside that holder too.)

Second, is a distinct issue - how did SGC deal with the problem in your case? Personally, before I'd go on blast on an internet forum about how a company doesn't "care", I'd have to be really unhappy with the response - not just with a problem that arose.

If point #1 was all you wanted to convey, I think it would have been more appropriate to call your thread something more like "A warning about SGC holders", rather than the overly-dramatic SGC doesn't care message.

Just one opinion.

Cheers,
Blair