View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Daryl, sorry to hear that. With that said folks can’t walk on eggshells on the odd chance it might offend someone everybody is effected by something. Humor is one of the most powerful ways to deal with things that are beyond ones control sometimes all you can do is laugh because there’s not much else that can be done.
John,

This is so true. One of my signposts is: "It is easy to find offense where none is intended." Unfortunately, it can be difficult to try to inject a little humor into a discussion without ruffling some feathers. How many people would have been offended if you had used Muhammad Ali, Stephen Hawking or Marty Feldman? I do not envy anyone who has a physical or mental disability. My wife fights severe anxiety every day. The only way to deal with it is to occasionally call some of her concerns silly.

You are also right there about humor. In any attempt at intellectual discourse humor becomes akin to cleansing the palette while eating a fine meal. The distraction allows you to refocus and it abates the intensity for a moment.