View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:40 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
I'm happy that helped you!

Cardtarget.com is a really great resource. I check it whenever I'm in the market for a card. If you go card target's home page, and select price history in the upper left hand corner, you'll get a list of all the pre-war and vintage cards sets that are being tracked thus far (more are being added). Select 1933 R319 Goudey (R319 being the set's American Card Catalog, or (ACC) designation, per Jefferson Burdick), and you'll be taken to a checklist of all the cards in the set. If you click on the player's name, you'll next come to a page showing current auctions for that card. Click on sales history, a link you'll find on the upper right side of this page. Now you'll see a list of all examples of this particular card sold over the last few years. This will include Ebay sales, as well as several of the auction houses (Mile High, Goodwin, Robert Edwards, Legendary, Heritage, etc). At the top of this page, you'll see options to filter down the list. You can choose the TPG (third party grader. PSA, SGC, etc), then the grade for the card.

Here are the PSA8 cards that have been sold publicly going back to 2010:

Bear in mind that a MC (miscut) qualifier will somewhat affect the overall value of the card. How much depends on a number of factors, including card scarcity, demand, etc.

From a fellow lover of Goudey cards, you picked a really nice example for your first card. Congratulations.

Bill

PS-if you have any questions about what the American Card Catalog is, and how it helps organize the various pre-war and vintage card sets logically, please feel free to send me a private message. Wikipedia has a fairly good overview available here, but that really scratches the surface.
Thank you so much. Everyone is so nice on this forum, and so much knowledge! I am really glad to be here.