View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMiller25 View Post
This may be an incredibly ignorant comment, but I bet you appreciate those 8's of heck of a lot more than whomever ends up with that 10. When it takes time, effort and careful budgeting to find and afford a card you really want, in my opinion, you have a heck of a lot more appreciation for that card versus the guy with deep pockets, that is fortunate enough to be able to buy anything he wants.

I know when I find something that I want, and it requires me to sell off cards that I really don't want to sell, or save the money to purchase "said" card, I appreciate that card, so much more than some of the other cards in my collection.
It is not ignorant at all Matt....I absolutely appreciate the 8 more than the 10. Besides the obvious reason of affordability and being able to find an example in my price range, the greatest reason for appreciating an 8 more than the a 10 would be that I am willing to bet that if the flips were covered on both and I viewed them next to each other at a 1/4's arm length(or possibly closer) I would not be able to tell the 8 from the 10. At least I feel good about paying pennies on the dollar for a card I could not easily differentiate between it or the much higher priced example. Based on the subjectivity of grades at this level, on any given day the 8 and 10 could have both graded 9s.