View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
Nelson,
Both Nagy and Haber are deceased. Haber died tragically of an asthma attack, as, I believe, did Mastro's original auction partner Don Steinbach, another legendary collector. As for Pete Ullman's wedding ring observation, I know both Nagy and Haber were married.
Yeah, both Nagy and Haber were married as was Aronstein. He had one of the very early hobby get togethers at his home in late 69 early 70 that I attended. He gave us all a small uncut sheet of a TCMA issue and we all signed them and we each got one. Still have it, Irv lerner, Dennis Graye, Tom Collier, Mike Aronstein, Bill Mastro, Crawford Foxwell, Bill Zekus, Bob and Mike Jasperson, Bruce Yeko, Dan Dischley, Bill Himmelman, Jim MacAllister among others attended.

Later I attended a few of Crawford Foxwell's similar get togethers at his place in MD.

Don't know if Mike still has his Wagner. That's where mine came from. We were at a convention in Cincinnati that Mike did not attend. He turned up the Wagner in Long Island, the guy would not sell it to him, but let him call the convention and auction it off there. I sold my entire table at the show, had just gotten my tax refund, won the auction for $1100!

We drove straight back to L.I. to pick it up after the show.

Fred

Fred