View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrompa View Post
We owned and sold all of the best . We sold 1 million postcards in 1990 . Lots of Rose's , RPPC's , Wolverine Press , Deitsch ( most likely some one of a kind cards also ) everything really . Sad to say I was not into the hobby back then and the cards were not of interest to me . Thats a big regret now .
Hey Jeff
Knowing a tiny bit about your Dad, and the work he did in the postcard arena, I can only imagine what went through ya'lls hands.

For those that might not know, Jeff's dad, Dr.James Lowe, almost invented postcard collecting some 50 yrs ago. He coined the now common postcard collecting term, deltiology. He wrote and co-authored many books on the subject and is a wonderful human being from the few times we spoke and what I have learned. If you look at about the 2nd or 3rd little section down in this link, under United States, you will see the books he wrote, along with his best friend and Baseball Card Collecting Pioneer, Walt Corson...

http://www.postcard.co.uk/clubww.php

And lastly, Jeff and his Dad auctioned (ebay) some N167s many years ago and I picked up one of the nicest of the group. That is how Jeff came to know of the board (I believe) and how I came into contact with his Dad. It is through his Dad that I was able to acquire a lot of Corson's collecting notes and checklists, which I sometimes display.....this was Corson's 1950 Book Of Checklists, by Charles Bray......

Last edited by Leon; 12-28-2013 at 09:34 AM.