View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Jay Shelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtjoy View Post
I know where you are coming from as a seller but I could not disagree more. I like the current feedback vs the days of revenge negs, being held hostage by bad sellers. My only 2 negs were as a buyer, 1st one I didnt receive a card and left a neg only to be neg'd in reply, great I paid on time and somehow its my fault (I did get it reversed but took over 2 weeks and way to much time). Second was I won a NM advertised card that had about 3 creases and in my mind was VG at best. I asked for a return and was declined, with the seller stating that all sales were final even thou the scan didnt even show the creases and no way the card was NM. So I was forced to keep the card and I neg'd him only to get neg'd back and told by ebay his neg was fair. I do think ebay needs some way to evaluate the buyers as some are abusing the current systems.

Now on the 3% fee going to 12% I totally agree, thats been a real stick it to me experience
Scott, I understand your point, but as of now, the seller has no recourse really. In the 15 years on eBay, as a seller I only left 2 negatives (both for non-payment, both around Christmas time) and never got any type of retaliatory feedback back. Of course, this was back in 1999 or so, back when eBay was a much more enjoyable situation overall for "garage sale" sellers like me. I have only sold about 4-5 items in the past 2 years or so, really scaled back....