View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Yes Henry, Paul and his brother died quite a few years ago. I once got an invitation to Paul's house, now that was an experience. Stuff everywhere, including T206's that I was picking up off the floor. But he would not let me go into the secret rooms upstairs- never found out what was hidden there.

Paul would also come to my apartment but wouldn't leave until we played a couple of games of chess. He was a true character, and a really good soul.
Paul certainly was a character - but not in a bad way (RIP). You and I have not spoken in a while but I just want to extend best wishes for the holidays to you and your family. Had I known you played chess I would have given it a shot! In my youth I played at the chess club downtown, at Marty Reisman's (sp) ping pong club on 96th street on the west side, and in Washington Square Park. I think I enjoyed playing backgammon on the street at 43rd and Broadway better as chess seemed too structured and I have been known to be undisciplined. Add in playing pool at Playboy billiards and Monaco-Stone, and poker above the bakery on 72nd street I suppose I really had a misspent youth in the big scrapple.......