View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Karl Mattson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Rick has stated before that he does indeed take cards under $25 in value, so it sounds like he's giving you the runaround. I could post a link to that thread, but we all know Rick is a liar anyway, so what does it matter? Besides, if Rick didn't want them, he should have mailed them back as soon as he received them, not keep them for two months and then say he doesn't want them.

Unless you have a link to Rick saying he takes any and all cards under $25 in value, I'm not sure how that's relevant.

And we don't "all know Rick is a liar" - I don't know him, but that's not how I'd characterize him based on what I've read. I doubt it's even a majority opinion on Net54.

Also, unless my math is fuzzy, "he" hasn't kept anything for "two months" (or "over two months"). It's getting close to that, but why exaggerate? (And I put "he" in quotations because, as I understand it, Rick operates a business with employees, and may be ultimately but not directly responsible for the problem)

If the cards were sent unsolicited and outside the parameters Rick has established, I could understand things getting confused, resulting in delays. 6+ weeks is too long, but mistakes happen. If a dozen more consignors come on here with similar stories, I might be alarmed, but so far I'm not reading anything here (or on the "shill" threads) that would dissuade me from doing business with Probstein.

This is in no way meant as a dig against the OP, but I'm always amazed at how often people come on this site and allege things about other people, and most posters seem to take the allegations at face value. There's always bias, there's always another side to every story. A thread like this is pretty meaningless to me without corroboration, support and (most importantly) evidence that it's part of a bigger or more widespread problem.