View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Joe Gonsowski

I'm going to break the rule and post several items that I was able to add to my core collection over 2013 and give thanks to those who made it possible. I've split them into two pics, the large items and the small items.

Among others, thank you Jay Miller, Gary Passamonte, Ted Brown (N175), Toby Peterson (both N172 Conway cards), and Brian Hodes (N172 Deacon White). The Deacon is off-condition but can't be too choosy when trying to collect all the poses. The other items came from eBay and auction houses.

I was able to pick up a couple Detroit scorecards this year but the attached copy is from a home game in 1887. Finding Detroit scorecards with Detroit on the road is easy, finding a home game scorecard, tough.

The Sam Thompson cabinet is nice but hope to trade it for a Detroit example down the road (or buy Detroit/sell Philly). It has been a great 2013 and its not over yet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big Items v3.jpg (59.3 KB, 443 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 N172s and N175 v2.jpg (43.0 KB, 442 views)
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers