View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Robert

Default OT: Medical scare/Prayer request

Hey guys, haven't been on the boards much lately. Been quite possibly the toughest three weeks of my life and lately been a real roller coaster. I was out of town helping another Unit prepare for inspections the week before last when I received a phone call that my youngest daughter Ruthie was very sick. All the wife told me was that it may be a stomach bug but things turned for the worst on Friday afternoon. After she came home from the getting more bloodwork done at the doctors office they told us to immediately head to Childerens Hospital as they think she may have Type 1 diabetes. I just got home in enough time to head that way and meet them at the hospital. I never seen a little 10 year old go through so much pain. All I could hear from her was "daddy I would rather be in heaven then go through this diabetes and all the needles they are sticking in me". I fought back the tears and just stuck with her. The doctors and nurses were wonderful and we have been classes for the last few days as well learning how to take care of a child with type 1 diabetes. My insurance took care of a lot of it but still were out of pocket a bit more than I expected. We have changed plans for any holiday travels and are going to stay home to ensure that we get the insulin regulated/blood sugar levels etc as they should be. It has been quite a journey so far but the good Lord is watching over us. Just wanted to update everyone and keep you guys aware of what is going on.

Of course I haven't even looked through my cards in a few weeks now but had fun last night pulling some cards out for her and I to look through....that was neat. Just daddy daughter time and I enjoy that very much.

Please keep us in your prayers and everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Rob
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others