View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I have no focus. I collect all sorts of stuff. I favor obscure/rare issues; exhibit and other arcade cards; items relating to Burbank CA history, specifically Jim Jeffries materials; Joe Louis cards and premiums; Benny Leonard cards and premiums; Academy Awards tickets; Star Trek TOS autographed cards; 1976 Star Trek [Topps] materials; and so on. I've got probably 30-40 partial sets under way at any given time. I never seem to finish any of them but I am having fun.
Finances have forced some refinements to my acquisitions but all of the above still applies. Another 'focus' of mine has been to sell off my high-grade post-war mainstream cards and replace them with low-grade raw specimens. It is like being a kid again; I can go after lots of cards of all my favorites for the same money I had tied up in plastic tombs of a few cards. And I find I enjoy them even more since I can put them in an album, sit down and follow the spirit of Jeff Burdick: “A Card Collection is a magic carpet that takes you away from work-a-day cares to havens of relaxing quietude where you can relive the pleasures and adventures of a past day - brought to life in vivid pictures and prose….Here is an ever changing mural of life, peoples, and events as they have moved across the pages of time. Splendorous pageantry of the rise and triumphs of empires, alternating with the quaint life of a small boy, the fragrance of garden flowers, and the tender love of a mother and child”

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...