View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Well, let's remember: these are the same voters who also turned the blind eye!! Here in Cleveland, the main newspaper writer has written countless articles about how everybody is to blame for the whole steroids saga --including the fans!!-- but he never mentions himself. I read his columns faithfully through the 90's, and never once did he mention the ballooning beefcakes in the locker room.
+100
I'm not a supporter of steroid users in any way, but this is one of my main complaints with the entire issue. The writers completely ignored the problem because they had to kiss up to the players to get good stories and interviews and pay their bills. Now the same group of writers are coming out screaming about how sullied the game is and refusing to vote for guys. Even with all that in mind, I was able to forgive the guys who chose not to vote for proven users like Clemens, but when Biggio and Piazza were held "guilty by association" it really bothered me. Talk about a huge double standard. To me this was the last bad joke in the long, sad history of having the writers vote on HOFers.