View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 AM

The first time our office received any confirmed evidence of an M101-6 Jackson being listed for prior sale or auction was Tuesday October 29th, three days prior to auction close. The online description was immediately amended. The description was further amended on Wednesday October 30th to clean up other areas of the description. In addition, each bidder on the item was not only alerted to the description change, but was sent the new paragraph as well as told to contact the office if they wished to cancel a bid for any reason. Finally, at the close of the auction, the winner was sent this email

“ Hi XXXXXXXX
I wanted to inform you that if for any reason you did not wish to pay for and accept shipment of lot #3 Joe Jackson card, that is acceptable to us. I mention this due to the disclosure we made regarding a sale of possibly another M101-6 Jackson in 1994, as well as potentially another one that exists in a private collection.
TO date we have not been faxed or emailed an image of said card, but I still wanted to tell you that you will remain in good standing and no issues if you wanted to NOT go thru with the purchase
thank you

Ken Goldin”

And the reply from the winner.
“Ken,

Thank you for the gesture, but I will honor my bid

As I am sure that Mendelsohn printed more than one copy of this card, it is likely that other copies of this card do exist. Even if there were 2 or 3 three others out there, the card is quite rare.

Thank you, xxxxxxx”

As of Tuesday November 12th, Goldin Auctions has not been emailed, faxed, or sent a link to any image of any existing M101-6 Jackson besides the one it auctioned.