View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 11:59 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I put my age in a while ago, but see that the thread has moved to the offspring.

I am 31 and have three children, with one just announced as on the way due to be here July 8th. My oldest is 3 with her birthday in Septemeber. So for a couple of months we will have 4 children under the age of 4.

Yet somehow I still seem to have a baseball collection as of now. This last week I started cleaning out the remains of my childhood collection from my parent's house (80-2000s cards) and the 3 year old has been wanting to go through the boxes and look at them. She also loves to look through auction catalogs when they come in the mail. She yells at me if I look at it before or without her "My baseball book, you share!" There are several torn catalogs that have made their way into their toys because they are loved very well by her. On top of that when given the choice of a baseball card show or the zoo two weeks ago she chose the zoo, but as we left the zoo she asked "can we look at cards now?" I tried to explain we only had time for one and she was not happy, but told her we could look at some when we got home which satisfied her.

My youngest is 10 months old, but when he was 3 months old my wife started giving up a baseball card when ever he would cry and once he had it he would stop crying (when she told me this it made my day) so for a while she had it as part of her diaper bag arsenal to cary around a baseball card "just in case".

So I feel I have done my part to keep the collecting going, but they are too young to know if it will stick.