View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 09:33 AM

Default Your Indians press pin collection

Hi Rob,

I just joined this site after seeing your Fantastic Indians press pin collection! It is great! I have the almost complete Dodger press pin collection that comes close to what you have put together. I am shy a phantom prototype pin that was sold years back and will probably never find. From your photos I can quickly tell that you have picked up pins from Bob Grabowski, as I have only seen a couple of the prototypes that he had picked up years ago from the son of the Balfour designer who actually made the pins named Robert Shorrick. Bob G. is a fantastic and knowledgable collector! I probably bid against you at one time for some of those pins (sorry). I have a complete collection of World Series press pins from 1930 on, minus 3 elusive pins, plus a handful of the pre-1930 hard to find pins. I am very new to setting up a web site, but started to set up my site and have some of my Dodger press pins shown and you may enjoy looking. Only I have not had time to finish the site and still can't get my emails through the site as I need to contact the company I went through for tech help, but you can see the press pins at TheDodgerBum.com. Click on the press pin tab! Anyways, thanks for posting such a great comprehensive collection here. It made my day to look at what you have put together knowing how hard phantoms and prototypes are to even find, let alone put together in one collection! Congrats! By the way, I think I bid against you for that elusive 1920 pin on a private auction site. I remember trying to buy it to match it with my two 1920 Dodger Press Pins. I have one 1920 with the clasp, and one with the screw on backing. My Dodger pins include the 1916 (both screw on and clasp backing), 1920 (both backs), 1941 (both backs), the only 1941 prototype known (colors reversed), the 1946 phantom, 1947, 1949 (both backs), the only 1950 grey phantom prototype, the only two 1950 blue phantoms I have ever seen, the 1951 phantom, the 1952 (all 3 back styles), all 3 versions of the 1953 pins, the 1955 (both clasp and screw post), and then all of the pins after moving to LA (1959, 63, 65, 66, 74, 77, 81, 88) plus the modern phantoms, as well as all three All Star games hosted by the Dodgers (1949, 1959, 1980). Obviously I am a little fanatical about press pins! Sorry for the long post, but love what you have done with your collection! Can be reached at email huppkeith@yahoo.com should you like to talk more about the pins. I retire soon after years of being a workaholic so looking forward to being more involved in the hobby (addiction). Take care! Keith