View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 12:24 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
not looking to only get it corrected so its probably not a 3 minute problem...but to actually understand how it even happens. you put the cards into a system and they provide a place to search. it wouldn't seem like there is a whole lot of room for error if you know how a query language works. its either catalouged or it isn't. i can guarentee that they don't have a sophisticated database design going on.

the fact that there are more slabs there with this problem, and based on the responses that its quite common, suggests a larger issue. what is the point if they retro fit their numbers to the items they let leave the door?

"sure, look the cert number up after i put it into my system after you reminded me that it should be in there?"

kevin
It might really be a 3 minute question. For example, I had something similar with a PSA card where the cert # was invalid in the system. However, when I asked PSA about it, it was because the card was graded during their onsite grading services during National, and evidently, they just write these down on paper or something, with the cert #'s and the grades. Then after National, PSA has to manually enter all of the onsite grading that they did at National into their system. The seller of the card did have the invoice, however, and when he gave me the invoice #, PSA was able to manually confirm that the cert # was good over the phone through that invoice #.

Not sure if it's the same thing w/ SGC here, but it might be.