View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Mark Fox

Default Life events that change your collecting experience for the better

A week ago I broke my ankle (lateral malleolus break) while playing ice hockey. I'm now in a boot and on crutches for 5 more weeks. I'm a very active person normally, I play on 3 ice hockey teams, a competitive softball team and I run 2-3 times per week. Now I find myself with a lot more time on my hands, especially on the couch. What have I been doing?

Just yesterday a complete run of back issue Old Cardboards arrived for my reading pleasure! I just submitted an Amazon order for a handful of hobby and baseball related books. And I have taken up the task of catching up on documenting/tracking my collection across various spreadsheets and I've been exploring the board archives here as well. Its also allowed me to re-explore my own collection, sometimes I get so wrapped up in what my next purchase might be, that I forget to stop and appreciate the items I do have in my collection.

While not being able to be active is quite frustrating for me, its allowed me to spend some time with the hobby and my collection and it's been very rewarding so far!

Anyone else have a life experience or situation that yet unexpectedly positively impacted their collecting and enjoyment of the hobby?