View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 PM

Default For those Vintage Original Photograph lovers out there...

Hello all,

Like many of you other collectors out there, I enjoy seeing what other Vintage Photos are in existence and what could possibly surface to the market in the future. It's always fun to look through past auctions and see prices realized on the major auction house databases, but I came up with another idea to see what other photos are out there. I have a few photos authenticated by PSA/DNA and randomly went to their website to check out the authentication info on their online database about my photos.

I'm sure I am not the first to think of this, but if you go on their Photo Authentication section of the site, you can type in the Certificate # in order to verify its authentication. For those of you with some extra time on your hands, if you start by looking up "1P01000" and continue to go up by adding one to the last 4 digits (1P01000, 1P01001, 1P01002, and so on all the way through 1P04500+), you can view almost every photo they have ever authenticated and a very nice high quality scan of it! I'm sure there have been other sets of numbers used for labeling as well so there's probably a ton more, but just thought it was pretty cool to see what have passed through PSA's desk! I've only looked through a few, but there are some awesome photos in their database that I would love to have in my collection!

Anyway, just thought I would share and if there are any other suggestions for viewing Vintage Sports Photography other than digging through old auction house databases or through PSA's site, feel free to post how to find them because I would love to see more!

Have fun,
Bryan