Thread: makes you mad
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by esd10 View Post
does it make you made when you sell a card or item on here and the buyer then turns around and sells it on ebay? the reason I ask I was looking through some t206 cards on ebay and found one I know for sure that was sold on here and it has popped up on ebay for a HUGE mark up. it would piss me off giving a suppose fellow collector a deal and then turning around jacking the price through the roof on ebay or another sight. give me you thoughts thanks
Once I sell something, it's no longer mine, and I could care less. I can only think of one time when someone 'whined' me into giving them a deal I normally wouldn't have, and I saw it a short time later, sold for a huge profit. Someone who claimed to be a descendant of the founders of 'EPDG' bought an original box from me for peanuts, because he had to have it because of the family ties, but he was too poor to give me anywhere near what it was worth. I was a sap. Yeah, he sold it. But that's on me.

And like the poster above, I don't feel any guilt if I get a tremendous deal (with no whining). I accidentally bought something for $100, thinking I had paid too much. The seller probably originally paid $10 and was thrilled. It turned out to be extremely special and I sold it for several thousand $ and was even more thrilled. Everyone was happy and no one felt any guilt. It later sold for double my price and so that guy was also happy. Probably the only person who felt screwed was the guy who originally bought it from the photographer back in the 1890's. Mounted photos cost a crapload in today's dollars.

Last edited by Runscott; 09-17-2013 at 09:42 PM.