View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:26 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageclout View Post
Jay - well said. Interestingly enough, there are individuals complaining about a few extra shipping cost bucks that set up at card shows and substantiate their seemingly high sticker prices due to the card show's overall overhead (table costs, gas, hotels, meals, etc. - which I TOTALLY agree with). Yet, these same individuals seem to conveniently dismiss the auction houses overhead as if their winning lots are magically packed and handled at ZERO costs???
I agree with the intent of your comment, but it's not quite 100% accurate. Now IF the shipping fee was including in the BP, then it would be the pot calling the kettle black. However the difference is that the shipping fee is IN ADDITION TO the BP, so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Would you be happy if also added "S&H from the AH where I bought the stuff" to the list their overall overhead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageclout View Post
Remember folks, the FINAL shipping fee is CLEARLY listed as shipping, handling and insurance....NOT JUST SHIPPING.
Joe T.
I think the point is (or should be) that the "shipping, handling and insurance" tends to be a "surprise" number with many AHs and is "CLEARLY listed" AFTER the fact of purchase. Some just have a general weasel-word description mentioning "reasonable costs" regarding S&H. The real question/debate is around "what is reasonable".