View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Cain J.

I agree the demand will go down based on the over supply from people dumping their collections. It's simple you may be able to afford one $400 dollar card but not 3 or 4 in the same auction. A couple may go for less because simply collectors can't afford to drop so much at one time and the card doesn't get bid up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
That is generally 1 of the ways it works. The only other way is if the demand goes down. The price of the cards may be pricing people out of the market even though there is desire to purchase.

Price is where the demand function and tangent touch. Remember the whole calculus and algebra thing? As price changes, the "rate" of demand increases and decreases and has direct affect on rate of goods being sold at price X.

I believe if you have an average house hold income of 100k a year and lead a typical life with one or two kids you are not dropping a few Hondo on some Hindu every week at this point in time. The economy is all jacked up and crooked. Its chaos...dogs sleeping with cats. At least in the Nj area.

The mob...I mean government...takes everything you make from January until June. You get to by bread with your pittens after that.

Kevin

Last edited by ins02; 09-09-2013 at 01:39 PM.