View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
I'm not defending him from welshing on his obligations, as you would have it. I'm defending him from your own false allegations. You only think you're acting in the best interests of the forum. But it's not in the best interests of forum. That's why your ideas were rejected.
And that's fine. I brought up somebody else's idea to see what other forum members felt, and it is clear they didn't think it was needed. I made my case why I thought it could be helpful, and others did the same thing. A bunch of adults made a bunch of good points, and in the end it was determined it wouldn't be needed. You were the one that took the whole thing a step further when you accused me of being on some power trip. It never entered my mind that somebody could even take what I was doing, and twist it so.

And what false allegations? I misspoke when I said what he did was criminal, and I said as much. You pointed out correctly that his actions were not criminal in the truest sense of the word, that if anything he would be liable in civil court. I agreed with you, and clarified what I meant by saying he was "criminal". What he's done is reprehensible, and I'm hardly the only person that feels that way. And still, you keep bring up these "false accusations". There's nothing false about them. In essence, he did steal from people. It's well documented, and indisputable. He promised to give these sellers money in exchange for goods (the baseball cards he bought), then he went back on his word. That's not the same as going into somebody's house and just taking what you want, which would be larceny, but it's still a pretty crappy thing to do, and something that he should be held accountable for.

Quote:
Well, obviously the SCF list hasn't done a damned thing to stop corruption in the hobby. Nothing could be more clear than that.
Actually, it has cut down on the number of thefts that have gone on at the sports card forums like SCF and Blowout Cards. The lists are specific to the forums, not Ebay, or Comc, or auction house sales. What I'd proposed, based on Pete's idea, was to create a list that would be all encompassing. The proposal was made, and deemed unnecessary. Again, I'm completely fine with it.

Quote:
No one can know your true motivations except you.
You're absolutely right. But it didn't stop you from accusing me of being on some childish power play, did it? Or what was it, being a "vigilante".

Quote:
But I do know that you've made false allegations against Adrian and that you offered to be in control of a list that would have Adrian on it.
Now who's making false allegations? Where did I ever say I would be in control of the list, or that Adrian would be on it? I said quite clearly that I would not be the one making those decisions. Leon, another site admin, or a moderator would make that determination. I would simply maintain the list on my website, nothing more. As they would give me a name to add, I would update it. And forum members could choose to utilize the list, or not. Nobody was being forced to make use of it.

Would Adrian be on the list? Quite possibly. Again, not my decision. Has he been kicked off this forum? Were his BST privileges taken away before being booted? Yes. Have multiple people come forward and stated that Adrian reneged on deals he made? Yes. So, would be be on that list, if it existed? What do you think?

Quote:
I do know that you tend to write inflammatory posts, as I've outlined earlier
And you don't? So far, you're only the second person I've had words with since I came here. And you also got into it with Eric yesterday, who I've never seen get confrontational with anybody else. Now, I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong. But is it mere coincidence that you've gotten into heated exchanges with two people in the last two days here? Maybe you're just a little part of the problem, too?

Quote:
and that a lot of the threads you've created have been off-topic. Those are two primary characteristics of a troll.
Ok, here's the topic list again, copied and pasted. Let's see where all these off topic threads I'm starting are:

1.) Ok baseball fans, here's an interesting question. (started about an hour ago) A thread about baseball. Maybe off topic, but not really, as I tied in finding a store with old baseball cards. But I'll give you the benefit here.
2.) Should we maintain a list of suspicious buyers and sellers? (this was an idea first brought up by Pete Ullman, and with all the talk recently about shill bidding, the deceptive practices of the t206museum.com owner, forgeries being sold, etc, I felt it at least warranted consideration.) Not off topic, as the discussion was created about what could be done to improve the safety of the hobby
3.) Khris Davis: a hidden gem in Milwaukee, but not for long.Not off topic, was done on the post 1980s baseball cards thread
4. How many people on Ebay will be duped by these? (a discussion about a T206 reprint set).Not off topic, talking about T206 reprint set
5. Should I get this graded? 2009 Chrome Mike Trout auNot off topic, posted on the modern baseball card forum
6. A question for T206 experts. I'm confused by this Ebay auctionClearly not off topic
7. What is your most cherished piece, and why?Not off topic at all.
8. The all-time best of Net 54Slightly off topic as it could include a thread from any part of the forum.
9. The fantasy baseball Gods are not being kind this week. Check this out..Clearly not off topic, posted on the watercooler talk board.
10. Graded card bags for larger slabs? (started as I needed suggestions for protecting the T202 card that had been given to me as a gift by Pete Sycks)Clearly not off topic, as I was looking for help protecting and storing a pre war card
11. Looking for suggestions for my first pre-war cardClearly not off topic
12. Could I get some opinions on this T206 Ty Cobb bat on shoulder please?
13. Would a database for PSA flips be beneficial to the hobby?Clearly not off topic
14. Has anybody done this to guard against buying forgeries?Clearly not off topic
15. Is this 1953 Bowman Color Mantle legit? Not off topic, on the pre 1980 board
16. Thanks a lot, guys. Now I'm in love with "the monster".Clearly not off topic, talking about the T206 set
17. Something in the REA catalog has me puzzled.Clearly not off topic, asking about slabbed pre war cards.
18. How do you maintain your purchase receipts?Could be considered off topic
19. Question from a vintage noob. What exactly is a monster? Not off topic, talking about T206 set.
20. Won't the graded card slabs melt below 350?Not off topic, on the postwar board
21. Do you save baseball shows/movies on your DVR?Off topic, but still talking about baseball
22. Revisiting the SGC vs PSA vs Beckett discussion, where do the three stand in 2013? On the postwar board, so not off topic
23. PSA cards. Do you have a grading range that you typically look for?post war board
24. Do these flips look right to you?post war board
25. Recommendations for a magnifying glasspost war board

So, where are all these off topic threads I'm making, hmm? Please enlighten me. Two, maybe three off topics in the last six months, and those were related to baseball, and indirectly related to the pre-war hobby. Sounds like once again you have no clue what you're talking about, just like last night when you thought Adrian was buying cards, paying for them, and returning them for a refund. No.

Quote:
My view is that you used the talk of your knee and the associated photos to gain sympathy for yourself and distract from the matter at hand.
Your view is wrong. Asked and already answered. I said quite clearly, and anybody who is able to comprehend English written out on a computer screen should be able to grasp what I am saying...the only reason that information was posted was the reason why I am not buying more cards right now. Understood? I don't need sympathy from a bunch of people online, nor am I seeking it.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-07-2013 at 11:00 PM.