View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 08:32 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepis View Post
There are 2 significant differences in both pictures for someone with a keen eye
the card in the left has a yellow print mark in the red stripe in the bottom right
that is typical of 72 topps and the card in the right doesn't have it, now the card
in the right has a long yellow print mark that runs along the bottom of the red
stripe just above the inside black line that is also typical of 72 topps and the card in the left doesn't have it, however i do believe you got cheated on purpose
is a simple case of lets give the bargain hunter a headache by the seller, because
of the final bid of under $3 to a card that normally would bring $10/15 he switched the card knowing that most people won't make a big deal about a small
transaction like that, and if you do giving you your money back still lets him come out ok when he does sell the card for lets say $8/12.
Nope.
That speck is white and is obviously a piece of dust or whatever. I have the blowups here. It's white.

Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 7.30.17 PM.jpg

And the yellow print mark in the red you're talking about? You can see the same texture in that area of his 'dream card.' Again, via the blowups. He obviously painted red over it in that area. He probably had the opacity relatively low so it blended well. It's good photoshop work, but it's reprehensible!

IT IS THE SAME CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 08-16-2013 at 08:33 PM.