View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Joe
Joe Lind.way

Hi there! I don't come on here much, but did this afternoon and saw this thread.

Yes I received an offer on the unopened Polar Bear that was too good to be passed up on Feebay. The condition of the pack is absolutely superb, which in my opinion made that example worth every penny. And the display case which it rests in is how my entire collection is displayed and preserved. A similar lot of an Old Mill and Piedmont inside an identical display case were absolutely both period, 10's with the 1910 stamps. I have done my best with pictures, pairing up the brands examples with cards of correct factories, explaining their periods in the ATC and if pre or post-deregulation of the ATC, which card series are designated to have been distributed and other known stuff.

Mr. Dwyer has recently picked up a gem Mecca and a very nice Nebo from me off Feebay. I am glad he is happy and we were able to work something out for his collection!

Yes, I was somehow able to find a lot of my 19th century packets over from a collection break in the UK. The Toddy which is for sale now came from there.