View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Rich Klein

Default Couple of things

1) I wrote in one of my Rich's Ramblings columns about what I perceive are some of the similarilaties (sic) between Beckett Publications circa 1990 and COMC today

2) In terms of pricing cards on COMC -- remember that is the seller's choice, and if the seller wants to "retail" his/her cards that is certainly their option. In addition, there is also a feature which enables the seller to sell their cards on Amazon.Com although an automatic discount is used.

3) Also, if your price is too low, instead of clients just buying the card, they will, in many cases, ask for a discount. I had a very fairly priced 1961 Topps Bill SKowron (tough SP) posted on their site and the minute I posed the card at the fair price for the condition of 25 percent of book I was offered half of that.

Well, instead of the client being happy with the fair price I then raised my price so the next offer I would get would be closer to what I really wanted for that card. You can not price a card at a low price without getting a counter offer to be lower. Thus you have to start higher. Consider that the equivalent of an EBay BIN and that is why sometimes vintage and new card prices are higher then they should be.

Regards
Rich