View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
COMC has some very good features, especially if you are interested in newer cards, insert sets, etc. I have had success selling newer stuff and I have made some good deals on purchases. I like the website and they are always improving the features.

As far as pre-war cards, if you think the BIN prices on ebay are high, take a look at the prices on COMC and you will fall over laughing. You can make offers, but the asking prices are so high that I don't even make offers any more.

Rick
Rick pretty much nailed it. The site is great for modern cards. Really great for finding singles to complete your sets. I've found the site to be very well organized, and very user friendly.

I also love their customer service. They have a no questions asked return policy, so long as a card is in the same condition it was sent in, they will issue a full refund. I've only had to do a few returns, but they've always been prompt in answering my email inquiries, and refunds are fast.

But vintage cards...? The prices are crazy. Of course, that's the sellers, not comc itself. However, if comc could attract more collectors of vintage and pre-war cards, I could see it competing with Ebay. I can't speak to the fees they charge sellers, as I've only bought, but I think it's something our members should at least look into (I have no vested interest in the site, by the way. I am just a collector looking for more options)

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.