View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Mac Wubben

I'm with Iggy on this one. Any glue on the back of a missing red is a bad sign. If you look at the percentage of missing red ink cards have glue on the back, you'll see a much higher percentage than t206's in general. So yes, glue often removes the red ink...it's obvious and not even a debate really.

That said, no one cares why the red ink isn't there...they'll pay tons for them anyway. Neat looking card, I'd love to have it...but didn't come out of the factory that way.

Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman View Post
A few observations, if I may and hopefully I am not in anyway cutting into Roberts European vacation plans.

1. Glue residue on a T206 card could conceivably cause some discoloration on the front, but the discoloration would not be consistent. In other words, we would still see some red on the front of the T206 Carrigan. A more viable theory in regards to the glue residue and something that raises a red flag in my book, is that the orange version Carrigan could have been mounted in a picture frame as opposed to a scrapbook. Thus, exposed to light.

2. What exactly does the strip of orange on the left border of the red Carrigan prove? Can someone please explain that to me. I'm a bit bedazzled with that one! My T206 Carrigan also has a small strip of orange (on the right side border as opposed to the left). The strip of orange only verifies what we already know and has already been stated by Erick in this thread.........."orange (yellow, then pink/buff) was the next to last colors used, with Magenta (red) as the last overlayed color." With exposure to light, the red gradually disappears and we are left with the color that was underneath. In this case, it's orange.

3. What is so wrong with the idea that the red on this hat and the "STON" on his uniform simply did gradually disappear by being exposed to sunlight. When I look at the card, I actually see a faint STON on the orange version Carrigan (a slightly faded pink/buff perhaps). A plausible reason for why we don't see orange behind the STON and hat, is because only pink/buff and not yellow was used. One would expect pink to fade along with the red.

Let the bullets fly.

Lovely Day...