View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 09:02 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
I didn't know that - if that's the case, then the information should be transferred over to the OJ book and the set registries. This supports my argument that the OJ set is really 6 or 7 different sets in its entirety. That doesn't mean I agree with the concept giving each pose a number, because I still don't see the purpose of it.
It is about time you admit you don't know what you are talking about. Also, I am not an author, but from what I understand through communications with one author is that they don't have the rights to distribute the information gathered by the CSGB.

Quote:
I was just answering his question...
Your first post did, your second post is where you decided to hijack this thread to rehash your thoughts already expressed in a previous thread.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Stores have bar code numbers because they use an electronic system and if the product doesn't scan the cashier can punch in the bar code. Unless you plan to purchase your OJ's at your local CVS, I don't see how that's relevant to the conversation.
I am already having a tough time trying to educate you on the cataloging of this particular thing, but I will try to explain the correlation of the UPC and the n172 cataloging. The UPCs first six digits are the manufacturer and the next 5 are the item number. So yes the UPS is good for entering into a machine, but there is a method to it that allows the stuff to be cataloged using numbers. The numbers are for people that use data bases and need to catalog the cards. For someone that just picks up one or two wouldn't care about cataloging, but when the CSGB (or other researchers) are trying to track EVERY pose it makes it easier.