View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Shaun Fyffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Here’s the other thing about Nash that just amazes me. He’s so freaking transparent how do people not see this? He tries so hard to come off as sophisticated, intelligent and caring in regards to the hobby.

However anyone who knows anything about Peter Nash or takes the time to read what is public information can see he is nothing more than a man with a list of legal problems, tax problems and outstanding arrest warrants.

It’s so painfully clear what Nash’s motives are. The whole site is nothing more than a smoke screen to make himself feel better and to draw attention away from his very public issues. He attempts to do this by writing these long drawn out articles in which he drops every name under the sun from Obama, Selig, Lifson, Halper to now other forum owners woven into these Oliver Stone type plots of corruption and espionage.

When he attacks say Barry Halper which he waited until the man was dead to by the way. I can’t help but laugh as he points out “everything seems to lead back to Halper” no kidding the man amassed one of if not the biggest baseball memorabilia collection ever. He was a high profile very public wealthy collector with an appetite for the stuff…hell Pete would have been selling him stuff along with perhaps a few “special” Pete Nash items if he had the chance. Who knows may be he did?

If anything I see Peter Nash wanting to be a Halper, wanting to hang with Halper, drop Halper’s name around town etc. now years later Halper is just another victim in the smear campaign of a man with an agenda hiding from his woes in cyberspace.

Did Halper have stuff that was questionable sadly no doubt. I also think many of us would have had bad items had we built and acquired a collection of that size. In fact Halper would have been and was a big target for the unsavory of the world to work their trade.

The one thing Mr. Nash has in common with Halper is many items seem to come back to Halper…well just as many seem to come back to Nash. Yet strangely that Hauls of Shame article is not posted. Why because in the end the man who’s ridding into town on his white stead to save the hobby is nothing more than a two bit huckster himself. Sort of funny that “Prime Minister Pete Nice” who adopted years of a tough guy persona in a rap band turns out to be an internet dingus. Seems Pete isn’t kicking anyone in the “grill” these days he’s hiding like a little girl spreading rumors and innuendo afraid of being kicked in his.

To me the only thing worse than a criminal is a criminal who pretends to be the law.

I eagerly await Peter Nash’s coming clean the day that happens I will personally ride along with him to help clean this hobby I love up. With that said I think I can keep my schedule pretty open because I don’t see Pete ever coming clean.
+1 I couldn't have said it better myself!

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards