View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
I’m just amazed folks still listen to this guy as much public record stuff is out there on him, and as many unsavory acts that he has been tied too. The fact that folks tune in to hear about fraud from a fraudster is mind boggling. I must be in the minority on this but it’s mind boggling.
I agree with you John. But I must admit, as a relative neophyte when it comes to vintage and pre-war baseball cards, I wouldn't have known anything about the guy if I hadn't read it here. Oh, I'm sure after reading some of his articles, I'd have delved into his background (I, too, look to ascertain the veracity of information I see, and the character of the person saying it). That's just how I've been programmed to think (question everything, the mantra of a broker in the post 9/11 world). And referencing what was said here earlier, there could be a lot of people heavily involved in our niche of the hobby that do not read a forum like Net 54 or CU. Those people might just accept what he writes at face value. It is an unfortunate reality in America today. Too many look at words on the internet, and accept them as the Bible.

I wish more people would openly question what they read. The impartiality we could count on back in the days of Walter Cronkite is gone forever. Now, far too often, when something is written, it's done with an agenda.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 07-28-2013 at 07:16 PM.