View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Leon, no doubt there are members who are very active in the hobby but not active on the board per say. However to say that if you're not on here your not really in the hobby is a bit naive. Not only the old timers but many of the hobby's biggest purchases have been made from folks outside the hobby investors etc. not all of those folks know of this place nor would they flock here if they did.

Look I like Net54, and other chat boards as much as the next guy but they are not the driving force behind this hobby and if Net54 and the banner ads went away overnight theses guys would still be selling cards and lots of them.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

John
Where did I ever say if you aren't on the board you aren't in the hobby? That sounds crazy. I would never say that.
Of course all of the auctions would still have sales if there were no Net54baseball at all. The point is though, they probably make more sales and or get higher prices, at least sometimes, because of the ads. To think differently would be very naive indeed. Just look at the several responses in this thread alone. They would have bid in the auction had they known about it...and if that company advertised on this board those members would have known.
Do you really think these advertisers would be advertising if they didn't think they get a good ROI? You think they are throwing their hard earned money away? And some of them have been doing it for over 5 yrs straight. There is a reason. And of course, if they didn't advertise they would still get sales. They just get potentially more sales and higher prices, and maybe a few more consignments because of them.

Last edited by Leon; 07-27-2013 at 10:22 PM.