View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Jose Vazquez
Jo.se Vazq.uez - Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM770 View Post
I have been trying to collect 1979 Topps cello packs with the players with the All-Star designation on top.

I another thread I read that in 1978, Munson was never released on the top of a cello pack.

That makes me wonder if this is true for 1979. Are there cards that would not have been released as the top card on a cello pack?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.
In 1979 like in 1978 tops printed there cards in 6 different panels (sheets) the cards in each panel can be identified by the letters A,B,C,D,E,F, which
can be found in the back of each card next to the copyright symbol now the cello packs in 78 and 79 contain 2 sections separated by a piece of gum the top section should contain cards from panels D,E,F, only! and the bottom section should contain cards from panels A,B,C, only, in the case of Munson his card is from panel A so it should be in the bottom section only, all this is easy to verify,, if you go on EBAY and checked and analyze every cello sold and for sale you'll find that all those have only a card from panels D,E,F, showing you will never find a card from panels A,B,C, SHOWING ON TOP UNLESS IT IS A STAR
never a common

Last edited by pepis; 07-23-2013 at 02:11 PM.