View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I'm pretty sure that this is Chris' card that he got from his father, who actually pulled it out of the pack in '52.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Sean is right, he was 10...gave it to me the day I was born and I did the same with my son. It was a good time to grow up in southern Ontario where the high series where a plenty.
That makes it all the better, then. Outside of being just a gorgeous example of one of the most famous cards ever made, it has a strong sentimental value attached to it.

It just doesn't get any better than that. And it's really cool that you and your son can share your hobby together, Chris.

Thank you for sharing These are the little pearls that make Net 54 special to me. The knowledge here is incredible, of course, but it's the personal stories that make me feel like part of a bigger family.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 07-07-2013 at 09:54 AM.