View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Jeff P0tter

Come on guys, look closely at the card. Forget that it's in a holder. There is nothing about it that says authentic. I see no evidence of half tone printing, none at all. With a picture as clear as the last one you should be able to see the "little targets", I can't think of their technical term so that is what I call them, that make up the printing area of the colored part. The corners are too sharp and white for the amount of creasing, should it even be real creasing...it is however too contrived. The color is way wrong. Out of the case we wouldn't give this more than a second glance. There is no way psa holdered this card. It is a fake, put in a cracked or fake slab and hidden in the framing to distract. Probably just like the other one I posted from eBay that was similar. It's a similar tactic as with autographs, place it in an elaborate frame to try to improve appearance and make it hard to inspect. This is nothing against the board member selling it, I don't think he knows it is fake. Whatever action house this was purchased from needles to investigate it further. If the seller can take a really close macro photo of the printing, we can have our definitive answer instantly as we would be able to see it as it would appear under a loop, and I can assure you it will not be half tone printed. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it.