View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 03:47 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
One of the great pleasures about the hobby is to collect and read early hobby publications, Our publication collection dates back to the early 1930's.

One of my favorites was The Trader Speaks. The articles written by early hobby legends such as Frank Nagy, Wirt Gammon, Goody Goldwin and Bob Richardson remain as valuable today as they were at the time of publication

The lead story in the January 1975 issues of The Trader Speaks was authored by another legendary collector, Dr. Robert Weisberg

Weisberg puchased a set 17 H 801-7 Old Mill Cabinets. They cards were in outstanding condition. In the past 25 years, I can recall seeing only three H801-7 for sale.

Should anyone wish a copy of this invaluable piece of hobby history, please write to me directly bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List
Very cool...would you be averse to posting it for all to see? Thanks...Matt
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.