View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Matt Miller

Quote:
Chris "Bubba" Lamb,

Given you have posted on Network 54 elsewhere since I asked what you meant by your comment that "Hmmm, strange how controversy seems to find certain folks time and again," I will assume you have no intention of responding to my question and that your comment was directed at Ken Goldin....unless you were referring to Kobe Bryant which I doubt. In addition, given I created Game Used Universe and have monitored the forums there for almost 8 years, I have run across a number of people who sit behind a keyboard and make bold, unsubstantiated claims that have the potential to affect people's livelihoods. In fact, we created rules for posting on GUU to address that exact issue.

Since you have chosen to "boldly" make such a claim here from the obscurity of your keyboard, I will say that I have worked for Ken for a number of months now and I can tell you he has not done anything that can even remotely be considered questionable. It is just the opposite. In fact, we turned down a number of items for our current auction that I am confident a number of other auction houses would have run based on their prior history. In addition, in every instance that Ken has given me his word he has always come through. I also have never seen anyone work as hard as Ken and few people have his ability to promote an auction the way he does. Yes, he drives all of us to try to achieve perfection but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Lastly, I think the record of what I created with Game Used Universe to help eliminate the fraud and suspect activity in the game used memorabilia space speaks to the standards I adhere to as a person. While many claim to be "ethical" I always say you can judge the tree by the fruit it bears. Along those same lines, I say with great confidence that I think what Ken is doing with Goldin Auctions is not only good for the auction business, it is good for the hobby in general.

Happy to hear any additional comments you may have.

Seriously? You seriously have to ask what he means by his comment?