View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
As we get closer to the National I want to let folks know a few specifics on the Net54baseball Dinner at the 2013 National. Our primary sponsor is Heritage Auctions. I want to give a big shout out to them. Without Chris I. stepping up a few months ago we might not be having it. Goldin Auctions is also helping sponsor it this year, as well as there is an anonymous donor again.

It will be held on Friday, 8/2/2013 at the Hyatt Regency O'hare, which is right across the street from the Convention Center. It will start at 6:30pm and go until around 12am. This year there is going to be a non-mandatory donation of $5 upon entry. That money, 100% of it, is going to a local facility for abused dogs. If you can afford a few bucks more, the doggies will appreciate it. Again, it is not mandatory and no one will give you an evil eye if you don't donate. I have to say, I despise the way these "donations" have been done at other hobby venues. If you don't donate they make you feel like a leper. At any rate, that is my payback for doing the dinner.... I love doggies.

There will be an RSVP thread the first week in July and that is when everyone can RSVP. You can do it now but it will fall on deaf ears and won't count. All members, family etc... are invited. The only requirement will be that you have to wear a nametag. This year there will be 2 members at a desk filling out the nametags for folks. I think that is the only way to get some consistency. User ID's will also be on a nametag, either the original tag or a separate one. No one is forcing anyone to wear a nametag, only if you want to come to the dinner will it be required. There will be an open bar the whole time and free food.

The way I can help sponsor this is through the email blasts and advertising on the board. I wish to thank everyone for putting up with those few things....And if you opted out of the emails, well, thanks for nothing.

What type of food?