View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default Crosetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianruns10 View Post
The sale is for a '52 Frank Crosetti. I'd LOVE to have this for my set. The centering is great, the eye appeal and color is great. The only rub is the reverse. There's some mild staining, primarily around the number in the upper left corner.

Now, when it comes to the reverse, I'm not as much of a stickler...doesn't bother me if it's off center, so long as the front side is centered, but stains are a different issue. I draw the line at gumstains, but these look different. Grease or slight moisture damage. But it's not that bad, not as bad as gumstains I've seen, and it doesn't change the fact that the front side is great.

And look, I buy the card, not the plastic, and I'm a collector, not a dealer looking for a quick profit. But I still try to be wise, to invest my money in the best cards I can, that should the need arise, I can sell and recoup what I spent.

What is your opinion of this card? Would you buy it? Or is the stain a dealbreaker, and a potential hit to it's overall value?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-3...-/271220680226
While reading your post, I was prepared to tell you to pass. However, after looking at it, it is barely noticeable at all. Alongside the other 406 (or 558 ), you will never know it. Very nice card!