View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I don't particularly think the amount of vintage ball collectors is all that huge.

I collect game used bats. I have bid on items from sellers I've known and lost out to collectors I've known quite often. Same with autographs.
but....did u ever buy one, switch the name of the player on the bat, sell it to a friend, who then sells it as an original, then place a bid on it, then be outbid by another friend, then call the winning bidder, have them cancel the transaction with the seller who they have used as their account or paypal or something in the past, yet this "friend" who was over at your house, refuses to answer the phone, that you sold to him and bid on, so the winning bidder "who u have had battles with trying to win vintage baseballs" with gets contacted believes the underbidders story that its a fake all within 2 hours of the auction ending, rather than posting a comment on this board outing the fake, like we often do here to help out our fellow collectors into not getting duped, but making no mention of this auction, that oddly enough Brandon stumbled on, but doesn't try to get him to cancel the auction when he first noticed it, but after the sale is complete.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 06-07-2013 at 08:16 AM.