View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Whoops, got called to dinner immediately after that last post, then baths and bedtime for the boys, and now I'm finally back.

Rhys, I agree with you completely that even if the "Type" system were to be scrapped completely, the other information in the book remains a wonderful resource. I hope it didn't sound like I was coming down on it. As Craig alluded though, there are a few minor details that could use some tweaking as more (much more) material has hit the market since the book was written and we can cast our collective gaze over many many more examples than were available to the writers at the time.

Okay, so here is an example of a little tweak like I was envisioning for this thread. On page 175, at the bottom left of the page, there is an example of a Wide World Photo stamping style which gives a date range of "Mid-1940's - 1954".

While working with a collection that had a lot of WWP examples in it recently, I came across several examples with that stamp style that dated as late as 1959. So I made a note in my copy of the book for future reference.

Examples:

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 06-03-2013 at 08:31 PM.