View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
OCB,
What a great educational thread you started. Any newby into Sports photography collecting can read your thread and obtain a boat load of information. Good job, and thank you.

Billyb
Thanks Billyb ... I'm sure learning a lot from this thread too. So nice to have people willing to share their thoughts on a part of the hobby that I'm not as familiar with as collecting baseball cards. I think collecting old sports (and maybe movie/music star) photo's will be a new hobby of mine. The thing I find most fascinating is the quantity and variation of photographs between 1900 and the early 1960's (my main era of interest) that are available. Kind of intimidating really. But there are so many beautiful photographs, poses, etc. ... many of which I've never seen before ... and many I didn't even know existed because I was so implanted in the world of baseball cards. Anyway ... this sort of leads me to another question I forgot to ask in my last post ... are there any other photograph auctions like Henry Yee's (eBay or otherwise) that I should keep an eye out for in the future? I know Henry Yee has another one coming up this summer. Thanks again to everyone for their feedback!