View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
Here is the link to David's web site. He has a few articles on line about photography & judging authenticity, etc.::>

http://www.cycleback.com/

ZWheat
Thanks for sharing this link. Lots of good information like the names of the most common U.S. news and photo services, ACME, etc. In conjunction with the YouTube video about the wire services that Lance shared I've learned a lot. If fact, I bought my first wire photo and a negative last night on eBay. Can't wait till they arrive! Which leads me to a question ... does the Cycleback book(s) or Fogel/Yee book cover slides, negatives and transparencies? The transparencies and negatives in the last Yee auction really caught my eye. There were some color SF Giants slide transparencies that I bid way too low on that were beautiful (Mays/Cepeda ...). I lived in SF from 1965-1971 and saw Mays, McCovey et al at "The Stick" many times. So when I saw those slides and remembered I had a slide projector I did a quick bid on a few of those Yee slides. Anyway ... I was just wondering if the Cycleback and Fogel/Yee books covered that type of film format? I've been Googling today to find out about how to deal with negatives and slides these days (digital scanning, etc.) because I also got out some of my old family photo's and found some negatives. So my interest is piqued :-) Thanks again for sharing. This board/thread is full of a lot of expertise!