View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 10:00 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

This thread is interesting. Neat to see what drives others and why I have always taken the stance that all of our collectibles are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

I have a modest collection of mistakes, errors and oddballs compared to others.

For me on these I sort of take the stance if I can get a really nice example of each type that’s great. Also if I can get it for a price I feel is within reason that’s an added bonus. I don’t see myself needing or wanting dozens upon dozens of these or facing choices of dropping say 10-20k on one of these as compared to a major tier card of a superstar or scarce type card.

The buying pool isn’t limited to the few that post here while I agree the pool may be smaller say compared to other items it’s not that small.

I also agree that having a few strong bidders enter the fray can seriously tweak prices and those prices can fall. Case in point we have seen this with plenty of cards and it would be silly to think that these are immune from the rise and fall that have hit other cards such as T211, T210, T209B&W, E-Cards, and certain 19th Cards etc.

Cheers,

John