View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
I don't have an opinion on the T206 scraps, but I am extremely surprised that other sets from the era don't see prices at least in the ballpark for their scrap.

For instance, I bought this E92 missing color on eBay within the past year for $85. If this were a T206, I assume it would be several thousand?

Should the price disparity be THAT big??
Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Exactly! If the phenomenon is limited to T206, then it is not scrap collecting -- it is weirdo-T206 collecting. Nothing wrong with that, but even I don't limit my pursuit of signed prewar to T206.

Promotion is a double-edged sword. I love sharing my signed T206 conquests here and on my website. But it certainly has raised interest and prices for these. Good when I go to sell, of course, but bad in the near term.
I like that e92 and would have scooped it up if I noticed it. You are right though, t206 prices for scrap compared to their common counterpart is astronomical compared to other sets. Even t205s get a premium but no where near where its counterpart in the t206 would get. I would think the natural move would be that people that do like scrap but can't afford t206 may navigate to another niche in the t206 world or they will have to go into other sets. So it may be that t206 is just leading the way for other sets.