View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
I must appoligize for getting so defensive and sensitive about the scrap.....they are truly "misfits" and are mis understood....their rarity is shadowed by factory issued pre planned cards....these scraps are the abstract art anomalies created accidentally as you know and can be SUPER CONFUSING.....but you are one that can help advance the knowledge of them....

I have not been bidding on any because they are very sadly outta reach and it really is killing me. I would have loved to own/ or even bid on the Brain card.....I am very happy for the new owner....and am sorry Chris didn't get it....It took me years to find my Chance CYCLE front no name piedy back overprint....I LOVE THAT CARD....

sorry for my rants tonite!!

PLEASE GET BACK TO US SCOTT
Johnny, the t206 printing process interests me. But if I didn't want to spend $500 on a piece of scrap ten years ago, why would I want to spend $5,000 for a similar card today? I owned examples of most scrap back then, studied them intently, and published a paper. Since then I haven't seen too much new in that area. I've learned more since then, but acquiring additional knowledge did not require that I spend loads of money - that's mostly due to all the new T206 collectors who have joined the hobby and shared their research with us.

It's a difference of opinion, but if I have $6,000 to spend on a collectible item, and can choose between either the T206 scrap in question, or some of the other things in my collection, it's really a no-brainer.

This thread was about a particular scrap and it's value. I stated my opinion - I have no earthly idea how that turned into you thinking I felt "animosity" toward scraps. I still think they are interesting - I just don't place the same value on them as you and some others. I have been offered pretty good money for a couple of 'error' T206 cards in my collection, and I turned down one offer because I thought it would be stupid for the collector to pay me that much.